need help for a target 22 lr for daughter

jr1000

My daughter fell in love shooting my mossberg 144. She has been begging for a good while wanting one of her own. Problem is she is 8, and i dont want to spend 800 or 1000 on a gun she will grow out of by next summers end. I need something that will be able to adjust out as she grows, or if she looses intrest if a few years i will be able to use it. She does not want a girlie gun. She said she wants a accurate, mean, big gun that she can shoot. So i know i need a adjustable stock, and pink is out of the question. lol but i dont know where to start as what kind, barrel, ect... rather stay around 5 to 8 range in cost then the optics? we currently shoot out to 100 yds now. I dont see her shooting past that with the 22. she will be moving up to my other rifles past that point. Any help would be great.

i belive that robertson makes a rimfire prone stock if you are looking for a comp gun. i cant recal price. i think it is reasonable. anyway you could order it small and then just add the butt spacers as she grows and put i belive a remmy 22 action or ask about getting it not inleted and let a smith inlet it for whatever other action fits. i cannot imagine that it would not take a savage 22 action if done by the smith. idk if this is out of the price rangee. just an option. i may be goin this rout soon for my sister who is 9 (im 22) as she also loves shooting my marlin. o, that reminds me. the marlin xt's are supposed to be bomb accurate. mine is a semi auto. its not bad minute of squirrel out to 125. good luck

If you want something that is adjustable and she can grow with....Maybe the 10/22

It is the most versatile .22 in my opinion, kind of like the Swiss army knife of .22s.

They start somewhere in the $300 range, another +/- $200 for a match barrel, another 100 for a tactical archangel stock that will be adjustable, big, mean, etc......

After that optics are up to you.

I have a .22 set up like this, and it shoots well under sub MOA.

TKS
JPB

I would get a CZ Scout and go from there. Well build rimfire for the price and accurate to boot. Later on you can get the longer stock if needed although there are alot of adults finding the Scout suits them. Could also drop it in a Boyd's. JMHO

Wayne

Izhmash CM-2 Cadet 22lr Precision Target Rifle | GON Marketplace

Check this out. It is mine. I bought this rifle for the same reason that you are looking and it is a tack driver. The best score I ever got was with this rifle along with my daughter's best score. I'm a huge CZ fan because they are awesome accurate guns. In fact I own 3 CZ rimfires. However, mine WILL NOT shoot with this gun.

The only reason i'm selling is that my daughter and I have gotten into long range shooting and I need to free up some money. This is a pretty target specific gun. If you would like to talk more over the phone, shoot me a PM or email me at [email protected] . I will be glad to talk with you.
kwh

I know I'm a little late to this party but I would second the CZ Scout for your 8-year-old. I recently purchased a CZ 455 in 22 WMR and fell instantly in love with it after I added a picatinny rail and Vortex scope. The CZs are super accurate. You might want to check out the rimfire central website. There's a whole section on the CZ rimfires over there.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.