Need gun case to fit scoped rifle with attached bipod

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
My Boyt gun case is long enough but with a bipod attached, the zipper doesn't quite close. I just bought an Allen (915-50 model) that barely fits the length of my non-braked, 26 inch barrel coyote gun. I will keep it for this gun.

What are you guys using that fits a 26 inch, braked rifle with scope and bipod attached?

I use one of those hard plastic cases made by the boys who are in the tackle box business. flambeau...

BH

That is what I refer to above. Fits my 26", non-braked but is too short for a braked 26" gun.

For a softcase that is well padded but poorly sown, slow delivery and will make you never to buy another from them you can try ACE Case. It will fit but you will regret doing business with them and wish you could find a better made product even it it should cost more.

Scoped Rifle Cases with Pockets - Ace Case - Gun Holsters, Pistol Cases, Rifle Cases, Shotgun Cases, Gun Accessories, Knife Cases

- 10"x53" Scoped Rifles up to 33" Barrels.

PS don't put anything in the pocket except your mother in law because it will fall out and be lost.

I just bought one from Dicks for my varmint rifle..My gun is 52" long exactly. Is a bit snug on length but not bad.

Its a soft case but has thin plywood (luaghn)spelling? on the outsides. Was originally 80 bucks but on sale for 49 now. I'll get the brand name tonight when I get home.

Len, I have Kolpin cases at the shop that I use. Will fit a 28" barrel with a smidge to spare. Plenty deep for scope and pod.

I still need to find that amish guy who makes these heavy custom canvas cases.

If I can get him to make us some XL cases to spec, this problem will be solved, even with the 30" braked guns.

Len, you might want to shoot dave at quitehide holsters an email. he mostly does pistol stuff but he can make it to your specs. he made me a backpack for my SP very quickly and I am very pleased!

My rifle no longer fits my original case also, so I was looking for another and decided to get a tactical drag bag from TacOps or Blackhawk. I handled the TacOps one the other day and I think it would be just the ticket. Very rugged and well made and it has a spot for a cleaning rod and many other spots for other gear.
It costs a few more bones than the other cases I was looking at but I'm starting to get real touchy about my rig and how I have it so I'm thinking go big on the case for my rifle. Then I know I'm good to go when I pull it out.

Len, you seem to have a very definite preference for a soft case, but thought I would chuck this in as well.
I made a case from solid 1 1/2"x 3/4"pine frame with ply wood attached as the outer cover. Both top and bottom halves are indentical. The interior is a foam base lining with eggshell foam cut to fit the shape of the rifle then glued as the next layer. (eggshell in Oz, don't know if it is the same in the US.) When the case is shut and latched, the rifle is held quite firmly in suspension as it were.
It seems to protect the rifle really well when in transport, and one does get a certain satisfaction from making something like this.
Cheers

"There's no fool like an old fool, eh ! "

I made a case from solid 1 1/2"x 3/4"pine frame with ply wood attached as the outer cover

I made one of those also. It weighs about 40 pounds.

tigerstripes.jpg

It also makes a good reloading bench.

reloading.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.