Gun Case for Long Rifles

magicofmt

Looking for any info on a gun case that will be long and big enough for a 52" to 54" rifle with bi-pod and scope with target turrents? What do you guys use? Brands?
Looked at stores and almost all cases are 50" at the longest.

Thanks for your help.

magicofmt:

I use "This gun case from Cabelas". and my hunting buddy has one also. They easily handle 30" barrels plus muzzle brake, with room to spare, and it doesn't break the bank when you buy one. Both guns have target/tactical type turrets also.

All of the paper work that comes with it is from Impact Case and Container, as in Shawn's suggestion. For the price it's well made. You can spend less, and you can spend more, it's just up to you. Just don't put a $$$$$$ gun in a $29.00 case and expect it to remain intact.

I am having a heavy rifle built; McMillan 50 HBR, 36" Lija, NF NXS scope, ect. What case would you recommend. The rifle is going to way between 60 to 70 lbs.

Wildcat

Wildcat,

I would look at ICC's .080" wall heavy case 64" I have one and they are outstanding you can get them with wheels and end handle, they also have positive locking rods for airline use.

Thanks, Shawn. I should be receiving my rifle soon, and I will need a good case for this rifle.

I'm making my own out of sheet aluminum and customized foam cut-outs. But then I'm an Aircraft Maintenance Mechanic experienced in metal work.

I have no idea. Never thought of doing it for money. Mine come out pretty crude looking but functional. My guess is that if I took my time and did it right, no-one would want to buy it at a price that I could work for.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.