Need advice

fbcoach39

Hello guys I am new to site and new to the sport. I guess you can say I am new to shooting spent time in USMC as a basic rifleman 0311. With all that being said I want to know can I do long range shooting with a single shoot TC Encore. I have a 308 looking to purchase a new barrel so looking for recommendations on what caliber. Thought about the 260. Thanks for your help guys.

As of right now I do not reload would love to start at some point. As far as hunting only thing I hunt is whitetail deer

If what you have is a T/C in 308 and budget will not allow something different, then the answer is yes.

Also, long range can be subjective. It may be 1000 plus yards for some and to others it may be anything greater than 300 yards with a specific caliber/rifle.

With all that being said, go out and shoot the heck out of what you have to improve your skills.....and have fun.

The 260 Rem is a great choice. The 308 is more economical if you have to buy factory ammo but I have both and just love the .260, much flatter shooting, less recoil and a great round for both varmints and deer.

TC are quite accurate.You did not say what optics you have.A .308 is a capable 800 yard rifle with a good scope so you might be better served buying a good scope and a ballistic program and staying with that .308.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.