Need Advice on Leupold long range

AWOLF

Hi,
I'm going to look at a Leupold 6.5 x 20 x 50 in the morning. I believe it is a 1" tube. I want to put this on my 7 mm rem mag and I believe it only come in duplex, fine cross , neither of which are good for long range. I tried to call Leopold but I was caller #38. Can a mil dot be put in this scope ? I would even be happy with a varmint reticle . What are my options and about how much to swap it out? What would you do?
Thanks

Last edited:
I have a 6.5x20 vx-3 on a 7mm with a 1000yrd custom turret to my hand loads, it has a fine duplex works well out to 1000yrds!

Check out leupolds website. IIRC, they have a FAQ section that addresses this. I stumbled across that question on there and I believe you can call them with the numbers on the scope and you can go from there. HTTPS//custom shop.leupold.com or 1800 leupold

I have a 6.5x20 vx-3 on a 7mm with a 1000yrd custom turret to my hand loads, it has a fine duplex works well out to 1000yrds!

^^^^^ yep what he said
I have that same scope on my custom 300WM. I put leupolds 15min rail on it with Stoney Points MOA turret, and I have enough travel out to 1200yds. Don't be afraid of the fine duplex. Go on leupolds website and find out how far the duplex is from the crosshair center at your preffered magnifications, and you can use that for windage calculations.

For $150 luepold will put a new reticle. Not sure about which ones are available. Fine duplex work great, you just have understand your wind hold without a reference point on your reticle.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.