Need a scope that can handle recoil?

RugerM77.270

Well I am not suppose to know it but my wife has bought me a Weatherby Vanguard Deluxe in 300 Wby Mag for Christmas. So the question is what scope to put on it. I am going to have a limited budget on this at the first of the year so I need to find a scope that can handle the sharp recoil for about $200. These are what I have been looking at.

Vortex Viper
Nikon Team Primos
Bushnell Elite 3200
Burris Fulfield II
Sightron SII

All these have warrenties just in case but what do you guys suggest. I will be shooting 168 gr ballistic tips or speer match HPBT.

I have the 3200 on my 12ga and it performs very well. I will say this has been my first year shooting with it. For the money and excellent buy.
Hope this helps

If you can get a Vortex Viper for about $200 then that is your top choice. Otherwise Sightron SII or Bushnell Elite 3200.

Scott

Last edited:
I was looking at the 3x9 40mm. I know kind of small for ayou guys. Where I hunt in the deep south I only get a few hundred yards to shoot so nothing huge is needed really.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.