need a load for mules and my new 6.5x55

Elkwonder

I just got the call that my new Sako 6.5x55 is in. I am going to order some components to start reloading for this round and was looking for some killer accurate mule deer loads. I know lapua brass is my starting point, but lets take it from there...lol
I found a load that many people are praising that uses the 140 amax, but also read where others say the amax isnt suitable for larger game.......???? Thanks

My old man uses 130 gr tsx's with H4350 in his custom. Really accurate.

I load 130 Berger VLD Hunting bullets for myself and 3 of my friends that also love to hunt with the old Swede.

So far my best and most accurate loads are with VV N560. My Blaser shooter these into. .3-.4" 5 shot groups at 100.

It's also the same load I use for some long range shooting as witnessed by some of our fellow shooters and board members at the NTO shooting this summer and various other venues.

It's proven itself great medicine at the range and in pronghorn & deer for several years for all of us.

I also like the Swift Sirocco II 130 and Accubond in 130 & 140 grain offerings for some great hunting loads.

Good luck, the old Swede is a great target and hunting round.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.