Need 300 blk help!

Remmy700

C3C4D285-6210-413C-8097-355F5123788C.jpeg
DAFCDF1D-8071-49F1-AAB9-ABC624FDC339.jpeg
53DDDB43-1181-4DAA-B851-F772C4E07E93.jpeg
Well have never been a AR/gas gun type but decided I wanted to try something other than precision bolt guns. So I am at a cross roads right now and could use some help. Was planning on doing a form 1 on the lower so I can throw a maxim defense brace on and play with it until stamp comes back. Or will it be just as fun to leave it with a brace and forget the wait and stamp. So what I have so far is gen 2 seekins lower, and the pro series SBR 8 complete upper. Which consists of 12" rail, 8" Barrel with their adjustable gas block. Came with bcg and CH so upper is basically plug and play. The can pictured will be dedicated just for this rifle and is a gemtech the one with direct thread mount. Oh and it is 300 blk. Thanks in advance. Dan

Dude, with how well made the "braces" are these days, I'd forget about the Form 1, and just build a pistol with the brace. Also, like Dave mentioned, traveling out of state with your "pistol" is MUCH simpler than with an SBR.

I have a feeling that if we can defeat the Dems plans for the 2018 Assault Weapons Ban, then it's time we start hounding our reps to try to remove SBR's removed off the NFA registry. And we need to push for the SHARE Act/HPA. I prefer the SHUSH Act, which completely de-regs suppressors, and doesn't require any registration or background checks, it basically negates them down to muzzle brake level, so you can buy and ship straight to your door.

I have both and depends what your using it for imo. Plinking and just for fun the brace works ok. But I hunt with mine a lot and you just can't beat the butt stock and sbr on that end. Just my opinion.

So what is the problem of traveling out of state with a SBR? Is there something more than having your paper work with you?
Yes, under current NFA laws, you also (on top of having your paperwork handy) have to notify the BATFE when and where you will be traveling with your SBR if you go out of your home state, and how long you will be there.

That's just another reason why the whole NFA is just a gigantic load of bullcrap. Even though the NFA itself is technically unconstitutional, I can understand certain people not having ready access to certain things (without licensing) like grenades, 20mm anti-tank rifles, Apache helicopters, MK134's, artillery, and such, but the fact that a rifle or shotgun with a short barrel, and a muzzle device like a suppressor (which is NOT silent by any means) has to be regulated with special treatment is just complete bullcrap.

Last edited:
Had any range time yet? Picking up another lower tomorrow and haven't decided what direction I'll take this build yet... Either a 300 BLK pistol setup like this, or a .450 Bushmaster for hunting this fall since IA now allows straight wall cartridge rifle hunting. The latter serves more of a purpose, but suppressed 300 black just looks like so much fun though!

I took it out and shot a box of 220 subs in it to tune the gas block. Absolute blast to shoot and with can on have to say pretty dern quiet. I like it but it just reminded me of how I don't like semi guns lol prefer the calmness and relaxation of banging on a custom bolt rig so she is looking for a new home! Thanks for all the help fellows.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.