N-565 Powder temp stability???

ndthwacker

I was wondering if anyone has done a temp sensitivity test on vitt N-565.. If so i was curious to see what you came up with for your rifle/ load??
I been playing with it in my 6.5ss behind 142smk. I have had very good success with it and the smk. Im running 64 gr n565 pushing the 142 at 3285 and right on my 10th firing on my brass with annealing every 3rd.. As of right now im sold on it as long as its temp stable.
With everything i have read on it, people say they heard/assuume its similar to 560 and not so stable. And also have read they heard its great..
Any first hand experiance with it? I started doing a test the otherday but it was so humid that my rounds out of the freezer frosted up right away and started causing pressure issues so i just abandoned it for the time being..

I shot 80degree, 60degree, 40degree, and 15degree rounds
I did seem that the coldest rounds actually staryed to speed back up, anyone experiance this with n565? Or was it just the condensate on my cases causing pressure and starting to speed up with the 40 and 15degree cases..

Thanks..

Of course anything within the chamber, water, oil, cleaning solution residue, will cause pressure issues.... As I'm sure you know....
Myself and Rich Sherman have been loading N565 in the 30 Sherman Magnum for a bit, neither of us have experienced any issues.
So far it is as advertised.... Being able to dial in a little tighter loads as compared to N570.

Of course anything within the chamber, water, oil, cleaning solution residue, will cause pressure issues.... As I'm sure you know....
Myself and Rich Sherman have been loading N565 in the 30 Sherman Magnum for a bit, neither of us have experienced any issues.
So far it is as advertised.... Being able to dial in a little tighter loads as compared to N570.
Awesome thats what i was hoping to hear from somone with first hand experiance, thank you for the reply..

I have been testing some N565 in my .300 PRC. I haven't had a wide range of temperatures yet, approximately 80 to 95, but I have not noticed any increased pressures or widely divergent muzzle velocities. I know Vihtavuori advertises it as temp stable but who doesn't, right? All in all, I think it is going to be at least as temp stable as RL16. So far, I am happy with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.