Does N-570 powder actually exist?!

Retumbo works pretty well in my sons 338x378.
As i recall 106 gr, with a 300 gr produces 2950+ from a 30" barrel. I think you might find a 250 gr a better choice out to 1500 or so. Reloader 33 didn't work well for him.

Seems Vihtavuori, always has some excuse with the N570... retooling factory, had a fire and now who knows.... why would anyone spend the time and money to do load work up with it unless they had 10lbs sitting on their bench... JMO Dave

They have had supply issues for years! I shot Sporting Clays a lot!
(Wore out 3 Mec 9000G loaders) I loved their N3SL I bought 4-8 pounders
every time I found it! But it was always hit or miss....

I've been in the same boat. But I see 550 and 560 is no problem to find

What I'm wondering now is where is N-550 and N-560 as far as burn rate?
Could one of these be a great powder to try especially in a lower volume case or using lighter bullets?

I've been in the same boat. But I see 550 and 560 is no problem to find

What I'm wondering now is where is N-550 and N-560 as far as burn rate?
Could one of these be a great powder to try especially in a lower volume case or using lighter bullets?
Prowl around the hills and hollows of NC PA, and you might find that somebody died having a stash of
the old H 570. But since i wrote this it wont be me.
If it smells good buy it. lol

has anybody tried IMR8133 burn rate is slower than retumbo putting it in the N570 range. Hodgen website showing it giving more velocity than retumbo. I know IMR7977 is pretty temp stable

Ramshot just released LRT powder 'specifically designed for the .338 Lapua cartridge'.

upload_2018-5-18_10-19-13.png

The last time VVN-570 was available for sale, we purchased 50-1 lb. bottles in order to avoid this problem. So far it's worked as we still have enough left for load development for these larger capacity cases until the next run.

If the VVN-570 isn't available in your area, Re-33 will work just fine but shoot at the upper nodes since that will help with the fouling which people complain about.

Retumbo is great and works well with the Lapua and the Improved version. H-1000 is too fast as are most of the other 'slow' powders. Norma N-217 is another choice for a cooler burning slow powder.

Complaints about availability should be addressed to both Capstone and Nammo for their egregious handling of the supply lines which we now depend on and are at their mercy for delivery. The bigger the corporate conglomerate, the worse the service and attention to the consumer. Berger has us screwed to the wall over lack of availability of some bullets. Now the powders are not coming into the supply line. Every time we call to inquire after waiting their suggested time frame, we get the next line for delay. It's about time to rally the troops and let them know how angry we are over these incessant delays. Or maybe just switch bullet or powder makers.:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.