My salt bath annealing

feelinducky

I just received my Salt bath annealing kit from Ballistic Recreations. It was sure easy to set up. This is my first time annealing and it seems to have went smooth. I'm hoping that I can get some opinions on the how far I'm placing it in the salt bath. Here is a picture. Pencil is the depth and I held it for 5 seconds. Does it look ok?
ATT00001.jpg

it is a reactive compound that is stable and holds a temp that is close to that of a torch(rose bud not cutting),cyanide salt used to be used quite often in the heat treating of metals.there is no cyanide salt in this i'm sure.

Bought that kit a few months back. Easy to use, works great , cost is very good, but remember the solution is very very hot. No room for an accident. Use eye and body protection.

Last edited:
i'm sorry i meant that the compound can get up to 1500 + not this application.Like i said this is used in other applications like quenching steel for case hardening.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.