Salt Bath Annealing

Try to log onto his website in the late afternoon or evening. That's how I did it and got one in about 3 days

I have annealed many hundreds of cases since getting this system, works awesome !!
First batch I popped out the primers and brushed the necks before annealing. was surprised at how much contamination was left in the salt from the cases. I tumble the cases now after de-priming and the salt stays much cleaner.

I have annealed many hundreds of cases since getting this system, works awesome !!
First batch I popped out the primers and brushed the necks before annealing. was surprised at how much contamination was left in the salt from the cases. I tumble the cases now after de-priming and the salt stays much cleaner.
Yes, it is one place that calls for really clean brass. I stainless pin/wet tumble before annealing in order to keep the salt clean and the brass from reacting with any uncontrolled contamination.

I'm setting up a salt annealer.
What pin tumbling equipment and components are you using?
Info on the sources would be greatly appreciated.

I'm setting up a salt annealer.
What pin tumbling equipment and components are you using?
Info on the sources would be greatly appreciated.
I think the Frankford Arsenal tumbler kit is pretty popular for good reasons, but there are a few others.
I use the Thumbler's and the Frankford with Dawn Ultra dish soap and a dash of Lemishine. This way the flame or salt isn't reacting with anything.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.