My reloading room

Nice set up. Mine isn't that neat but the mess is organized. Mine sits in my mud room and my bench serves as a catch all fr everything. It doesn't seem to matter how much I clean it up it's always a mess lol.

After 12 years I finally got the time and money to redo my room last year. I had this vision of how I wanted my bench to look from the day I moved in, unfortunately life always seems to get in the way.
I have a before photo, the build, instal and final product.

Attachments

• IMG_0873.jpeg
    IMG_0873.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1438.jpeg
    IMG_1438.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1952.jpeg
    IMG_1952.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1957.jpeg
    IMG_1957.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1972.jpeg
    IMG_1972.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1981.jpeg
    IMG_1981.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1994.jpeg
    IMG_1994.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 84
It is, I just text my two boys to see if they could come out for breakfast in the morning to discuss spring Bear hunting plans.
We have to separate 5 day hunts planned in May and maybe get some baits going just in case the spot and stock is tough going.
Yep... Dreaming away!

I like what a lot of you guys have going here, messes and all. Mine is currently back to being an unfinished basement after a pipe burst, but I upgraded from 1 wall in a laundry room to a 12ft square room with the safe tucked away.

I really like the bin rail on the front edge of your bench. I will have to try and implement that.

The bench my press sits on is stainless steel, but I was thinking of butcher block for the rest of the tops.

I am also pretty convinced to do the bench jutting out into the room to put a gun cleaning station or be able to set a gun case up on their to load it up from the safe.

Haven't really considered buying any cabinets for bases, will probably just do 4x4 posts and build a shelf up off the ground.

My office is also getting moved into their from what's become the kids play room, but I'll take it for keeping all my stuff out of kids reach.

Anyone have recommendations on better than hollow core doors and do any of you use a keypad type lock so you don't have to remember a key you left upstairs?

Attachments

• Reloading Room Floor Plan.jpg
    Reloading Room Floor Plan.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Reloading Room 2.jpg
    Reloading Room 2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Reloading Room 1.jpg
    Reloading Room 1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 30
IMG_0881.jpegIMG_0880.jpegIMG_0670.jpegStarting from scratch and empty space is a great plan for a reloading room. I was lucky to have a basement in my past two homes, but the amount of stuff I accumulated has made things difficult. I decided to build out my latest man cave without thinking about reloading. Now that I have jumped into the reloading world I am trying to make do with the space I have left. It is multipurpose area where tools, lumber, kayaks, left over motorcycle gear, and fishing/hunting gear are stored. One day I am going to move the Christmas and other holiday decorations out to attic storage areas and get rid of the lumber. I get inspired by some of great setups I see here. Then I get overwhelmed and spend too much time on this forum.