My not so nice surprise this evening.

About twenty years ago, myself and two friends were shooting in a archery tournament in south Alabama. It was with traditional archery equipment. I was the score keeper and was standing beside the deer target. Other two were looking for a lost arrow. One of the friends was a game warden. Suddenly he's running towards me. I just turned and ran myself. I'd never seen Gene run from anything in his life. I'm thinking yellow jackets. When he stopped beside me about15 yards from the target I asked what we were running from. After he calmed down we went back a killed the nearly 5 foot cane break rattler that had been flicking its tongue against his pants.

About twenty years ago, myself and two friends were shooting in a archery tournament in south Alabama. It was with traditional archery equipment. I was the score keeper and was standing beside the deer target. Other two were looking for a lost arrow. One of the friends was a game warden. Suddenly he's running towards me. I just turned and ran myself. I'd never seen Gene run from anything in his life. I'm thinking yellow jackets. When he stopped beside me about15 yards from the target I asked what we were running from. After he calmed down we went back a killed the nearly 5 foot cane break rattler that had been flicking its tongue against his pants.
He probable need to go wipe after that.

Have had a few of those not so nice surprises. Lucky for me they have been prairie rattlers and not very aggressive......exept for the little $#!t that got my boot when I dropped the tailgate on the truck one fall. The only one I've heard rattle was the one in the cement steps on an old schoolhouse we where going to camp in, we camped elswhere!

Part of everyday life in the southwest. You don't pick up anything without banging on it first if it's been there for more than a day. I have killed as many as 6 on the front porch in one year. We had several cats to keep them rattling. My grandparents had Guinea hens but they make a ton of noise. I've managed to step on 3 in the dark and not get bitten yet.

We got some really good Snake Chaps BRAND New. Not only For Snakes these are high end hunting chaps for cutup through Thich briars,
We paid close $100 so shipping and there are brand spaken new, Never worn, Size is adjustable but the best part if you are a Bird, rabbit hunter you need the to protect you trousers or pants for women. Just think of al the Biar's that wont penetrate your legs for many years!!!
Please send us a PM you won't be happier/
Believe me I had another pair and it saved me much PAIN!

Attachments

• Snak Chaps.jpg
    Snak Chaps.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 20
  • snake proof.jpg
    snake proof.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Sanke.jpg
    Sanke.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Sanke.jpg
    Sanke.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230317_232619.jpg
    20230317_232619.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Had him shook up. Like I said, I'd never seen him run from anything. If it scared him enough to run I wasn't going to question it, just start running too.
Which way? 🤣 Not to long after getting out of the Army. A friend and I were headed to work one morning. It was foggy. An LTD passed me up like a bat out of hell. A little farther down the hwy there the LTD was turned sideways in one lane and a VW in the other lane. Not enough room to get the pickup between the two. Other cars on both sides too. So I picked the VW. After we came to sudden stop. We both exited the pickup and ran toward the back of the pickup. I ran toward the side of the road, and he ran towards the middle of the road. I ask him why he ran towards the center of the Hwy? There was 2 lane each way. There was going to be more cars coming. About 20 more cars pilled up. That's why I asked which way.