My new weapon!!!

oso

This is my new weapon from Chris at LSR it is a .243WSSM what do you folks think? Please excuse my garage cabinets I got to excited and just had to take some pics to show her off.
[image]
2006_0622Image0004.jpg
[/image]

Sweet looking piece......

"Please excuse my garage cabinets" Holey good squat, my office doesn't look that neat and clean. Hope my wife never sees that pic.

Let's know how she does.

Nice looking gun. Peep sight could use some work though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nice rifle! Out of curiosity what kind of finish is on the metalwork? Also what are the barrel specs (length, twist, maker)?

Would certainly be interested in a range report at some point.

Carl

Kapap,
I am envious. It looks like you've spared no expense in getting what you wanted… but I need more, from you! What led to your decisions for some of those components? What where your considerations in choosing the WSSM? What twist if the barrel twist and what do you plan on feeding her? What glass is she going to wear?
…And range reports! I know she's new, but please keep us informed. You're just teasing me with this picture!

Please keep the posts coming.

TAC

The first thing I thought was the unfortunate choice of words. The libs call our sporting arms "weapons" and I promised myself the day I was discharged that I would never use that word except in a criminal or military context.

Notice, in the above posts:

Roy said: "piece"

Bill said: "rifle"

VH said: ""firearm""

4H said: "gun"

and I bet every one was intentional?

Nice rig. Is the gadget on the muzzle removeable?

Good hunting. LB

First let me appologize to LB for using such a poor choice in words!!!!! With all the excitement of recieving my new piece, gun, rifle, firearm (please insert the word that you would prefer me to use). I did not relize that this was a matter of such importance, LB I have tried edited my post just for you but can not! And thank you letting the wind out from under my wings.

Re: My new Rifle,Gun,Piece,Bow, critter gitter!!!

Tac, here is what she is.
Remington 700 action Blue printed, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Jewell Trigger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
26" Broughton barrel #7 conture w/ 1-8" for 105's and 107's and the occasional 100 grainer's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Vias muzzle brake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
McMillan A-3 stock w/adjustable cheek piece /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Badger floor plate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Badger Tigger guard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Badger bolt (SSG style) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Badger base /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Badger rings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
As far as glass I am tossed up between a NXS or a Mark 4 and just cant seem to make up my mind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I will have to in the next day or so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
OD Green teflon coating, as Chris would say it looks like she turned into the incredible hulk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
TAC Thank you for your interest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif As far as why WSSM because thats what I wanted for long range small to med. size game. I had another rifle built to handle everything from med. size game and up. It was built by Mike Lau at TBA and it is chambered in .338 Ultra Mag. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Re: My Rifle,gun,bow,piece,critter gitter!!!

4ked horn, with that comment I almost fell off my chair /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif That was way to funny I have been an archer for over 25 years and that just made sence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice looking rig matey, my own custom rig will soon be with me, I hope!

Im in the Uk, but hey we share some form of brethren in our love for our sport. Unfortunately there are some here who would also like to see it finished.

Enjoy and be safe!

Re: My Rifle,gun,bow,piece,critter gitter!!!

great looking gun!

go ahead and get a Nightforce! I just saved my money, and got a NXS 5.5-22, you'll like it.

[ QUOTE ]
The first thing I thought was the unfortunate choice of words. The libs call our sporting arms "weapons" and I promised myself the day I was discharged that I would never use that word except in a criminal or military context.

Notice, in the above posts:

Roy said: "piece"

Bill said: "rifle"

VH said: ""firearm""

4H said: "gun"

and I bet every one was intentional?

Nice rig. Is the gadget on the muzzle removeable?

Good hunting. LB

[/ QUOTE ]
LB ,
after reading your post I thought to my self that I do swear sometimes but I never take the Lord's name in vain, with that said I Thank GOD that I live in Utah where I can call a GUN a GUN a WEAPON a WEAPON and a "lib" is a minority , on the bright side you have much better climate in CA. and we are stuck with Bob Redford, I'd love to trade you on that one.
UB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.