My New Rig

Well if ya include the tools to so the job right I could have had a smith do it for less but the idea was to be able to build my own from here on out.

Barrel vise, action wrench, barrel nut wrench, head space gauges, misc...$300+/-

Stock, bedding kit, camo paint....$375+/-

Barrel from benchmark #7 contour fluted barrel threaded...$600 +/-

The action was from my old savage rifle and so was the 20MOA base and the vortex viper scope.

But now I have all of the tools to do another and I am already dreaming up the next two or three projects

Thanks for the info. You are not a lot higher in price than a custom now, and you can keep turning out your own rifles. Pretty sweet!

Yes I took it right out of the mold and had it expedited so I'd have ill more time for load development this summer before heading to WY

Here is a few pics one of before and a couple during the build

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 85
Nice job, looks good. How hard was the stock prep

Cake walk it looked really good straight outta the mold I filled a couple pin holes sanded it and painted it. Took me one evening after work and had it all done

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.