My new baby shoots too!!!! hehehe

G

Had to fire today.. I fired 12... just couldn't wait ....

1st 6 .. 1 celan, 1clean, 1clean 3 shot group....

PC314286.jpg

next 6 same thing..

You can see the last 2 shot are **** near on top of each other!! The 3 shot group is between the pen lines....

Mr. Matthews my hat is off to you!!!

PC314287.jpg

Hi Ric
Early days but looks like a keeper! BTW what distance?
What was the plan behind this caliber? Push a little more weight than the WSM?
By the way how heavy is the complete rig?
Your earlier post with the initial photos showed a much darker camo job than you usually have?
Is Chris still with George at GAP or this a new venture? The Long Shot rifle bit?
All the best
APB

Chris @ [email protected] he works for GA as well but is venturing out on his own too...

those first 12 were fired at 100 yards
I havn't wieghed the rifle but it is around the 15 lb range.

I kinda wanted a dark color... and the reasoning for the WM was I wanted to push a bit heavier bullet.. 220's are my goal...

The WSM is an Ideal caliber for teh 190's but I feel any heavier and you need the case capacity of the WM....

So how does the new Badger brake work ,how would you rate it as opposed to say Vias or OPS as far as noise and recoil?

Did some more shooting.... ;-)

All I have to say is that I tried different powders... with different charge wieghts and never got a bigger group than .5
That is a testiment to the way Mr. Matthews builds a rifle... I am not even done with break in and this this is a screamer!

this is using the 220SMK

heres a load of
H 4831 SC 68.5 grs. + 2710 fps Avg.
1 fowler and a 3 shot group!!
4831sc68.5.jpg

Here is a group with H1000 74.0 grs = 2770 fps

1 fowler and a 3 shot group

h100074grs.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.