My Hunting Partner Gone but Not Forgotten

Sorry for the loss of your Farther and hunting partner.

My dad left this earth 21 years ago and I still miss him every day. We fished and hunted together a lot. I sure miss those days on the water or in the field.

I used a ground blind to get my kids started. They could bring toys or a book and not have to be "totally still". They still bring up and laugh about some of the funny things that happened.

oh no doubt. NC has disabled sportsman only hunts that have blinds. they've been on plenty of those with me for that fact lol

Thanks for sharing story about your father. Hard to find the words, but I am sorry for your loss. In spirit, he'll be with you every time you head for the woods. You are very fortunate to have the memories of an incredible bond and relationship that is created when family spends time together.

Well, last Thursday morning I woke up before dawn thinking about my dad (who died a few days before), planning the funeral in my head, and reminiscing all the good times we had in the woods.

I could hear him chastising me for not hunting on the ranch much and me telling him I was saving the deer for my kids and grandkids!

As I lay there I started thinking I could at least go sit on the stand and watch the sun come up and spend time with my thoughts alone. So I got dressed, grabbed my rifle and walked quietly to the stand. I saw several young bucks and a few doe. They all made their way back into the brush and I was about to leave when some movement caught my eye…

Dad, I know you would be happy! I shot a buck at the ranch for the first time in 15-20 years. Turned out to be the biggest ever taken at the ranch!

Oh: 7RM, ACTAR, 168 ABLR's, 200 yards - DRT
Splendid buck! I hope you remembered fondly all of your years with your Dad. May he rest in peace...

Well, last Thursday morning I woke up before dawn thinking about my dad (who died a few days before), planning the funeral in my head, and reminiscing all the good times we had in the woods.

I could hear him chastising me for not hunting on the ranch much and me telling him I was saving the deer for my kids and grandkids!

As I lay there I started thinking I could at least go sit on the stand and watch the sun come up and spend time with my thoughts alone. So I got dressed, grabbed my rifle and walked quietly to the stand. I saw several young bucks and a few doe. They all made their way back into the brush and I was about to leave when some movement caught my eye…

Dad, I know you would be happy! I shot a buck at the ranch for the first time in 15-20 years. Turned out to be the biggest ever taken at the ranch!

Dads sounds like a wonderful father....sorry for your loss

As long as you're alive he's alive, as long as you're kids are alive you're alive. Our DNA lives on in them, we will all ways be a part of them, of each other, until we we all meet again. It's part of the plan.

I sure miss my Dad sir. There are always with us in our minds. Enjoy those memories sir!!

Can't think of a better tribute your dad…..may he RIP.

Condolences,
Very very Nice as it is always about family and being together. First time I'm headed back to the family farm to hunt with my brothers. May I be as fortunate as you and your family. Understand I have been told by many relatives the farm seems to be the anchor for the family. Seem it is that way with your family. Nothing wrong for saving for the children and grandchildren seems these days it will be there only exposure to real nature. Happy Holiday with the Family.

I miss my dad to we hunted together - sorry for your loss - nice deer your dad would be proud

i miss my dad too - we hunted together alot - your deer very nice, your dad would be proud

Recent Posts