My handiest Lil' .22

I've got 10-22's also.........This thing weighs 2 1/2lbs....
Also have the MKII Govt Target Model Pistol......
And only cost 10buck at time of purchase!!
Yes, I love my Ruger Mk 1 pistol. Been shooting it since I was 8 yrs old, 67 years ago. It was too easy for my dad and I to shoot cottontail rabbits while walking the frozen rivers in SoDak so we used pistols, me a Ruger MK I and my dad a High Standard Single Six. My MK I became rusty because my dad left it under his truck seat when I went to Vietnam. Ruger back then would re-blue any of their firearms for $20 return shipping. I received it back looking like new with new bluing, a new feed ramp, new safety spring, new trigger spring and an apology that they didn't also replace my worn out magazine. No charge for parts or labor. Ate many fine cottontail dinners.

I don't think you can beat a Ruger 10/22. They are short, light, very accurate, and reasonably priced. Another good "survival" firearm would be a .22 pistol.
The problem with semis, like the 10/22, is that they require high velocity long rifle rounds to function. There are lots of quiet, short range options that won't run in them, but work well in other types of actions; including the blank with a pellet that the poster mentions.

The problem with semis, like the 10/22, is that they require high velocity long rifle rounds to function. There are lots of quiet, short range options that won't run in them, but work well in other types of actions; including the blank with a pellet that the poster mentions.
If you're talking pellets and being guiet, why are you using loud blanks? Makes no sense, use a pellet springer or PCP to drive the pellets and be quiet.

I like the simplicity & novelty of this "Bronco". Being able to grab a .22 cal pellet from the stash and a blank cartridge you might have sitting around with your tools and having something shootable appeals to me. Might be able to pull off the same trick with my Ruger 77/22, but it'd be less hassle w/the Bronco. Prolly more fun, too. Light is right. (When dealing with .22s)

Recent Posts