My Daughters Rifle.

kc

Two years back I walked into a Pawn Shop in Lansing Michigan and there on the rack was a sweet .270 Remington with a Tasco 3X9 they were asking $450.00, stock was in prety good shape, well after I was looking it over, I told the salesman I would like to buy it but all I could spend was $375.00 and I was planing to stop in at a few other shops....

Hey guy! are you serious about buying it ? yes... OK! I walked out, took it to the Basement and cleaned the barrel and off to the range and it will put 3 shots in a nickel at 100 thats not bad. the recoil is nuthing my Daughter has it and loves it and gets looks from other guys at the range.

Sweet! Nothing like getting a good deal. Yeah, .270 don't have that bad a kick, but they can get worse if you use heavier bullets. I use 130gr and I could shoot all day. Had a buddy a few years ago sight in his 30-06 and after it was over, he had a nice black and blue shoulder. LOL!

The other guys I'm sure are impressed with her shooting a high-powered rifle, but most likely because she's a cutie to boot. Hope she has good luck in the woods with it for many years. .270 is a good all-around gun.

iSnipe

It is a fine rifle and an outstanding choice. This year I smoked a 4 pt mulie @ 386 yds. I shoot a handload using a Sierra 130gr SPBT @ 2940 fps. I chose accuracy over speed.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.