My Daughters first deer - South Texas Hunting

Maq Attaq

My daughter an I had an incredible hunt in So Texas over Thanksgiving weekend. A friend of hers from college invited us to their family ranch just outside of Carrizo Springs. Great family, beautiful ranch and lots and lots of deer. We must have seen over 100 deer the entire weekend. We got to the ranch on Friday afternoon, we settled in, went to the range to pop off a few shots with the 270 and went out for the afternoon sitting. It wasn't long until the deer started to walk, we had a whole mess of does and a few decent bucks. about 1 hour before sunset, a nice heavy buck showed up. He came in close, about 30 yds and we got a real good look at him (we figured about 4.5 yrs). He was a 7 point with two kickers off the brow tine on the left. His left side was only a crab claw and he had 3 good points on the right with thick brow tines. She got ready for the shot and a doe walked right by him and he started to chase her around some mesquite and we lost sight of him. He re-appeared about 140 yds away 15 min later. She got steady on him and took him out with a great heart shot. She is hooked now....
I took a doe the following morning and managed a nice wide typical 8pt Texas Whitetail on Sunday morning.
I have been in the stand now with all 3 of my children's first deer / bucks and one of my kids have been with me on all but 1 of the bucks I have killed. It doesn't get much better.
Here are a bunch of pics

That is very nice, and completely not fair.lol There is nothing like being a part of your child's first deer. I hope there are many more to come.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.