My Daughter's '06 Buck...

41mag

My Daughter\'s \'06 Buck...

WEll she hasn't hunted as hard as she normally does due to the newest grandson. She did however talk her grandmother into watching the sleeping little one for a while this past weekend to enable her to slip out in the woods for a bit.

She normally hunts the open pasture which lets her cover just about our whole bottom from one spot, but she decided instead to slip up into what little woods we have and was rewarded with this one coming to within about 20 yds of her before she decided to take him.
MichelleFarm06-1.jpg

MichelleFarm06LF.jpg

She was hunting with her 6.5x55 loaded with some of my handloads. At the shot the deer piled up within about 30 yds of her. She was disappointed that it ran so far.

In her words,

well, it ain't the "grandaddy" of them all, but i guess it will have to do. the age on him was a guesstimate, but i do know that he's at least 3 1/2 years. Well, hope your not to upset. Yes i've gotten bigger, but i have also gotten smaller.

Personally I think he is a fine deer for the area where she is hunting as well as a great late season buck. From looking at the pictures he has some mass to his rack and with a neck that thick, he is definately mature. I guess I won't hold it against her, I have done much worse myself.

Re: My Daughter\'s \'06 Buck...

Congrats to your daughter! That buck has some nice tine length. You can especially see it in the second picture. It appears that the buck is expressing his displeasure at being shot in that second pic! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.