My son’s buck

Yeah....don't like the knee story...been there done that..a couple times...medial meniscus causing problems now...
Like the buck...huge.....
But have to go with 'physical terrorist' as best part of story...as my current girlfriend is a "Dr. of 'Physical Terrorist' "...

Congratulations...to the 3 of you. Great job getting together and making it happen.
Agree, dad of the year for sure.
Side note...I know exactly what he means. I am married to one of those "physical terrorists". getting a little older, but will NEVER tell her about a pulled muscle. Have to suck it up, or she will definitely make ya cry like a 3yo. little girl. 🤫

My boy and hunting buddy received his once in a lifetime youth tag this year. On this tag he can take any whitetail deer buck or doe. I have been planning this for years. I couldn't wait this was going to be fun. He was so excited and jacked up and ready to roll!!!! We spent quite a few evenings shooting at distance. He would be shooting my 300 win mag and 190gr Berger vld's. The longest shot we practiced was to 600 and in. The night before opening day he had a football game. Third play of the game he makes a great catch and gets tackled from behind and blows he knee out. Acl mcl miniscus he's down out and done!!! Well we're not quitters!!! We had been scouting a buck for about a month and we were going to get him. So we came up with a plan. I took my game cart grabbed some osb made a seat and a backrest and we were now mobile. My wife is a physical terrorist she got me an immobilizer for his leg. Boom he's safe secure and mobile. Now the deer just has to cooperate. I drag the boy out across a stubble field through a pasture and up on top of a knoll over looking a soybean field. We glasses for about two hours several other smaller bucks had filtered out in front of us and started feeding away. They were getting out there quite a ways. All of a sudden a huge bodied deer appears on a ridge I ask him is that him? He replied I think so!!! I move my spotting scope onto him and it's him. I tell him he's not getting any closer and we are going to be running out of light you have to take the shot. I range him at 593yds he dials the scope. I ask him if he is perfectly steady and remind him to watch the bullet hit the deer just squeeze. He shoot's immediately the buck buckles both front shoulders are done the buck plows forward and is down. This was too perfect words cannot express what I felt for him. I was PROUD!!!View attachment 395607View attachment 395608View attachment 395609
Great story, its great that you were able to still get him out hunting. What a huge buck all around. I've used that same bullet in 300 WSMs in the past. It was always very consistently accurate.