My sons buck.

GTN

Got to brag a little on my oldest . Jack my 8yo took this GA buck on Thanksgiving morning. We were watching a big clear cut and he spotted the deer at about 570yds coming out of a draw. He killed it @ 650yds when he got up on the side of the ridge with a Seekins 6.5prc, nightforce, 143eldx combo. He has shot rocks and steel out to 500yds but never shot an animal over about 100yds. He knows very well the importance of not rushing and making a good shot (another story) and I reminded him of that when he got behind the rifle. So with literally zero wind I ranged/dialed for him and said a little prayer. He was very patient waiting for him to turn perfectly broadside, he even asked if I was ready before he squeezed off and he made a perfect high shoulder shot. Deer ran about 40yds and piled up. Talk about one pumped up 8yo and a proud dad. It's the best deer he has killed. We are both thankful and blessed.
Snapchat-1095903842.jpg
IMG_20231125_235646_042.jpg

He has surpassed my expectations with a rifle multipletimes. He is left eye dominant right handed. He has adapted well shooting a rifle left handed. Shotgun not so much, were still on the struggle bus with the shotgun.
Great to see the cheeks with blood of his first buck…I've spent a ton of time in NE Georgia near Clayton.

I am also right handed and left eye dominant. I shoot guns, bows, and pool left handed, and have since I was a kid. It takes a bit to develop finer motor skills in the left arm and hand but it is worth it to not fight your eyes for the next several decades.