Votes: 26 35.6%
  • Savage 110 high country

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Bergara ridge

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Ruger american go wild

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
I am right handed. I bought a left handed model 700 in 30-06 once way back in the day from a variety store that was near me. The guy in sporting goods said a lot of people handled it but gave it back when they saw the bolt on the wrong side. It was the BDL model and I got it for $149. Never fired it but I did sell it 20+ years later to a shooting acquaintance who was left handed, He gave me $800 for it and has been happy, with a full freezer ever since.

Hello all I have a friend/coworker that is looking for a good reliable rifle to hunt with this year and to use for many season to come this will be his first bolt action rifle as he has always been a ar15 and ar10 guy and has built some nice rifles but he's wanting something better for deer hunting. And he is looking at weatherby vanguard hi- country,
Browning x bolt long range stalker and savage 110 high country and bergara ridge and ruger american go wild these are the rifles he can get in store at his local gun store.i personally do not know anything about four of these and have never looked at them In person I have owned three ruger american rifles in the pasted and they worked okay for me.i would like to try and help him figure out which one is a better factory rifle.he will be hunting from stands and on the ground shots won't be more than 200 yards.he just wants a good reliable accurate rifle it be nice to hear from people on here that has experience with two or more of theses brands.he really likes that the browning and weatherby has the m16 style extractor and they have longer barrels in the caliber hes looking at.but he also likes that the savage and bergara and ruger american are threaded 5/8x24 and dont have to use an adaptor for surpressure.ive tryed to help him from what ive heard from people on here but i figured id post and see what insight i can get for him.thanks in advance
I have a few rifle's, Mausers with .33/40 actions, one in 308 and in 7mmx08, love the 7mmx08 but the new ones are Bergara's one 6.5 Creedmoor and a 6
Hello all I have a friend/coworker that is looking for a good reliable rifle to hunt with this year and to use for many season to come this will be his first bolt action rifle as he has always been a ar15 and ar10 guy and has built some nice rifles but he's wanting something better for deer hunting. And he is looking at weatherby vanguard hi- country,
Browning x bolt long range stalker and savage 110 high country and bergara ridge and ruger american go wild these are the rifles he can get in store at his local gun store.i personally do not know anything about four of these and have never looked at them In person I have owned three ruger american rifles in the pasted and they worked okay for me.i would like to try and help him figure out which one is a better factory rifle.he will be hunting from stands and on the ground shots won't be more than 200 yards.he just wants a good reliable accurate rifle it be nice to hear from people on here that has experience with two or more of theses brands.he really likes that the browning and weatherby has the m16 style extractor and they have longer barrels in the caliber hes looking at.but he also likes that the savage and bergara and ruger american are threaded 5/8x24 and dont have to use an adaptor for surpressure.ive tryed to help him from what ive heard from people on here but i figured id post and see what insight i can get for him.thanks in advance
I have a few rifle's, Mausers with .33/40 actions, one in 308 and in 7mmx08, love the 7mmx08 but the new ones are Bergara's one 6.5 Creedmoor and a 6.5 PRC , love the 7mmx08 but the new ones are Bergara's one 6.5 Creedmoor and a 6.5 PRC , They both shoot under sub .50 groups, and the PRC shot several consistence groups at .20 with the PRC. Working on load development for both and so far it's very promising, these both shot like that right out of the box so I would really take a look at them, 5/8" threaded barrel. They shot these groups with Hornady 6.5 143 gr. ELD-X, and with the match ammo. Check them out. Unreal performance, Oh we also shot 350 yds groups that were 1.50 " The pic below were with a test loads, H 4350 as you can see. Berger 140 gr BTHP , no seating depths yet, only powder, with seating depths think it will be very good, and going to load with RL26 and the 143 ELD-X seeds.

Attachments

• 6.5 CREEDMOOR TEST.jpeg
    6.5 CREEDMOOR TEST.jpeg
    424.7 KB · Views: 31
Samuel, of the rifles your friend is able to get local I have experience with all but the Bergara. All of them are capable of respectable groups with decent loads both factory and handloaded, at least in my experience. I agree with Ol'Red, go and put your hands on the rifles if you can. Cycle the bolt and throw the rifle up with your eyes closed and check natural point of aim. One of those will fit and feel better than the rest. Of those I like the weatherby the best, the Browning next, and the Ruger and Savage for me have a low cheek weld and require a scope in the 40 to 44mm range mounted very low to be acceptable. hope this helps and cheers, Jason