my bear kill video and some more bear watching

And that is exactly the kind of results that I have had in the past as well. I wonder what gave?

That is really a great head scratcher of a question. I have NO IDEA. Let me put it this way, and I'm not dogging the Accubond bullet but honestly, I've been putting game meat in the freezer since the 80s and in my younger, more ignorant days when I just loaded up Btips and killed animals left and right I've never seen anything like it until I used the accubond. Frankly, the ONLY times I can remember where things didn't go AS EXPECTED or like I want, I was shooting an Accubond. I've never in my entire hunting career had anything but DRT or within seconds when using Scirocco, Barnes or NBTs or the few handful of speer bulelts, and one Sierra HPBT gameking 140 in 270 on game. NEVER. I don't get it other than realizing that a bear's shoulder is a heck of a lot meatier and bony than a deer. But so what? It's a 180 grain bullet and it is bonded and no bear in Canada ever did this after being hit with a 180 Scirocco. So, no clue here. Just the way it played out on that bear, that hunt. I think I will use only Barnes TTSX or TSX on my future bear hunts and see what happens.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.