My bad experience MPI STOCKS

Rich,
I have to LMFAO because what follows is purely meant for humour and I hope all take it as such.

Won't wear hearing protection on a 10 day hunt. Especially when calling and on horse back. Shoot about 5000 rounds in F Class and RSO so mandatory. prairie dog shooting needs them.

I am only a few years behind you so I am only 80% behind you on real life experiences. This is what I respect more than anything.

I take 2 rifles and binos on every trip as I have had failures.

Only take cartridges to Africa that you can buy ammo for there in case they get seized.

Have fun and respect everyone else's experiences as they grow up to take our places in our sport.

Never allow a muzzle brake in hunting camp.

Edit to put # 7
My late father who passed in 1989 taught me how to hunt ethictly and fair chase. His thoughts were that everyone has their "best way" to do what works "best for them" and to never criticize some one else who has not stood in your boots at the exact moment if decision.

Best of luck to all the hunters and shooters who pick the best gear, best places to hunt, and most importantly best pals to do it with.

Suddenly #5 and #7 make our sport great. Tell your camp pals they are doing great. Enjoy the moments. Relive the shots. Strive to be be just a little better. What a wonderful life experience we will get from it.

Shoot long, shoot often, and shoot accuracately with a rifle you have confidence in.

Last edited:
Love it!
You must have missed rule 5!
God bless and hope some day we hunt together

Be well my friend.

Last edited:
Thanks jjmp
The future of our sport requires good advice and support from us old guys so our replacements can learn from what we fought though and then expand to ensure our grand kids have the same opportunity

Please to all on this great forum: never make a mean or degrading post. None of us know everything but is we discuss politely we might learn just a little bit more from each other.

What did just country say? gBOT and pass the Guinness?

0blank5.jpg
aboutm6.gif

ABOUT MPI FIBERGLASS STOCKS
Many dealers have told us that MPI stock blanks are among the finest they have come across. That doesn't surprise us -because our stocks are carefully crafted by hand, of the finest materials we can find, not injection-molded by some machine.
Each stock is multi-laminated with the action area made of a specially reinforced epoxy for maximum strength and stabil-ity. Because our stocks are made by hand and checked at intervals throughout construction, we can ensure that each stock we make will be accurate, dependable, and durable despite harsh climates, brush damage, and scabbard wear.
We make special stocks for magnum calibers that are doubly reinforced along the action areas and sides of the magazine to support the extra stress a magnum stock must take. All of our stocks are resistant to cracking and breaking, but our magnums and super magnums are so constructed as to be virtually indestructible when properly bedded.

-------------------
I remember their guarantee.
Magazine ads in Handloader and Rifle said "they guaranteed satisfaction".

------
behind the scenes:

upload_2019-1-4_6-31-29.jpg

"I took the above photograph when I was at the Colorado School of Trades in 2005 I have/had NO axe to grind and simply found it amazing that anyone would build a stock like that... And no I have never worked for MPI nor do I know "doc".

The instructors said they went with MPI because it was the worst synthetic on the market and required the most effort on behalf of the gunsmith. I had led a sheltered life shooting/bedding McMillans and found it to be a grand waste of time and epoxy. It comes down to how much time and epoxy you want to put in a substandard stock. If you like them by all means use them... "

Matt Garrett.

I have a rifle being fitted with an MPI right now...

The guy doing it said MPI is finishing up factory/bulk orders and then will start accepting us average Joe's again pretty soon...

Every synthetic 'blank' I have used requires lots of time and glass. Brown Precision, High Tech Specialties, and MPI. None were ment to be "drop-in" and go. All, purchased as a 'blank', cost about the same that a finished H-S Precision does these days. I guess the difference comes when you want to stock a rifle that H-S, McMillan, B&C or Manners doesn't make a stock for. I used a Brown Precision Kevlar/Graphite blank a couple of yrs ago. Very difficult to finish, as the raw edges of the Kevlar cloth was like a lot very fine 'hair' that was extremely difficult to cut, and it always seemed to be popping out where it mattered. Made for a light stock but certainly wasn't worth the time I had to put into it.