My 2 year old son warmed my heart today

Korhil78

This is not on a subject of longrange shooting but I thought I would put this up anyway.

Whenever I see a bird flying over, I track it with my finger pointed at it. It helps me train to keep my focus on the bird and track the bird with my eyes instead of looking at the shotgun (for help with dove and quail hunting). I will track one bird and make a shooting sound and then switch immediately to another bird and do the same. It has actually helped me a lot. I was doing this yesterday while my 2 year old son was with me.

Today we went for a walk down our dirt road and 5 dove flew by and my son pointed his finger in the air at one of them and mocked my shotgun shooting sound. I looked at him and he looked at me and he said, "Shoot bird Da Da..uh huh..shoot bird." I immediately got choked up over thinking about all the good hunting times we are going to have together when he gets old enough to go hunting.

I enjoy reading all the stories on here about father/son, father/daughter hunts because it gives me hope for me and my son and hope for the United States' future which are our kids. Happy hunting and take your kids!

Neat story and the first of many shoot adventures I hope you both have. My 34 year old son out shoots me and the only recourse I have is to say I tought him.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.