muzzle brake question

Nighthawk

Does anyone know who makes the muzzle brake on the Armalite AR-50 and can one be had in a .338. A guy at the range suggested that I get one of these for my .338, I said that would look cool, but I'm having trouble find them. Got any ideas?

They might look cool, but anyone next to you will definitely not like them. Plus others are just as effective and not as annoying to other people.

Consider the Vais, Harrels, Holland etc.

BH

Chris, and Bounty Hunter. I went to the OPS Inc website a little bit ago and I really like the R3E2C brake for these reasons... It looks cool and appears to work very well and it is made in the same diameter of my muzzle. .970". My barrel starts out at about 1.3", but goes down from there. Thanks for the help.

Oh, come on now... People at my range love me, my AR50 and the fantastic brake.

Why, just last week a group of highpower shooters came and set up all around me. Funky rifles, shooting mats, spotting scopes, bags, slings, jackets and all manner of paraphernalia within a few feet and on both sides of the mighty 50.

I let them get all curled up and comfy with their whopping load of gear - all twisted, buttoned and primped into their straightjackets and all.

Why, they didn't even comment on the tornado I had on my bench. They just laid down to shoot.

Just as they were all getting into firing position, I courteously reminded them that this was a .50 BMG. One of their more intelligent members shrugged, "Uhhh... Yeah, so?".

I said, "Well, it really doesn't matter to me, but when I pull the trigger, it'll matter to you for two reasons. The first thing to happen will be that your spotting scopes, mats and hairpeices will all fly in a roughly northerly or southerly direction at high speed. Second, you will catch on fire."

The look on their faces was priceless. Yep, they love me...

The AR50 brake is far and away the most effective brake design for the BMG. Check out www.biggerhammer.net to get the full picture. It is so effective, and channels gases so directly, that it is a real danger to those directly beside you.

Ditto that, STL.
grin.gif

Guys just wander around them like unsuspecting mice in a snakes cage, then...
rolleyes.gif
Hello!!

STL, you had to say that didn't you?
grin.gif
Now I want one again, right now! The other one is better off with me though.

[ 05-06-2004: Message edited by: Nighthawk ]

The more effective the brake, the less popular you will be.

Your shoulder or their ears.

I do like that part about catching on fire. That's a good brake.

Jerry

STLs post about covers it exept that the only thig worse than standing next to an Armilite or Berret82 is fireing one without the brake
shocked.gif
BTDT and it aint happening again. Makes for a hold my beer and watch this moment
wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.