Muzzle Brake Install gone wrong?! Help!

I just talked to Shawn and he told me they turned it too far down and they installed it upside down...the top should be on the bottom and visa versa .I'll more than likely be sending it to him early next week for a correct install. I'll try and get pictures up at some point.

Just for clarification I send instructions with brakes and in big bold letters it says do not turn the zod of the brake down to match because it will fail! I have never had a unturned brake fail. A few have tried to make them fit flush on Senderos (-.060" or so) and they will fail.

If your planning on replacing that barrel, now would be a good time. I would suggest you wait for Shawn to finish it up and then address the issues with the other shop manager. After DE is done you will have more info on what happened.

If your story is as it appears, they made at least three BIG mistakes. Turning it down despite manufacturer warning, not dialing in a few inches of the bore at the muzzle before threading, and installing it upside down. I just looked at the DE site and see the .750" brake has a top and bottom, any fool should notice that if they had it in hand. I would bet they don't have the rods to dial in the bore, nor a gunsmith even employed there.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts