Muzzle Brake install

Timber, what brake did you have before? Do you feel the T-3 does a good job of keeping the muzzle down along with recoil reduction? I think I want to try a Lil Beast brake on my other 338 rum and see how it compares to the T-3

Timber, what brake did you have before? Do you feel the T-3 does a good job of keeping the muzzle down along with recoil reduction? I think I want to try a Lil Beast brake on my other 338 rum and see how it compares to the T-3

I originally had a slabbed 4-port muscle brake. It was a good brake, but not as effective as the T3.

And yes, the T3 does an excellent job of keeping the muzzle down, you will be very happy with it. I've shot elk within 400 yards that never lost sight picture and saw bullet impact. Had a good solid rest but I think that's obvious.

I had a slabbed three port muscle brake and it doesn't keep the muzzle down very well. I think it is causing me to hit high in some conditions. I also just ordered a Lil Beast 5 port to compare to the T-3, mainly because I saw his products here. I hope to test them side by side. These 285 Hornady's at 3000 fps have some recoil.

I got a chance to test out the new muzzle brakes side by side. Terminator T-3 on the Bartlein 338 rum and Lil Beast 5 port on the Broughton 338 rum. Both brakes worked very well. The T-3 seemed to diriect more gasses rear ward and did an effective job of clearing the shooting bench, LOL. Both brakes seemed to perform about the same, so I can give a thumbs up to the Lil beast that is less than half the cost of the T-3.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.