Mulies are NOT cooperating at all!

WSmitty01

How can I get some long-range mulie hunting in when this is the view from the back porch,,,they aren't cooperating at all!!!!

11-2-06-02.jpg

Now that really sux /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Looks like they're after minerals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

While you are moving your feed station out to 1200 yards, put a little antler enhancement mix in there as well. Cool to see that many deer, ever cooler if there were some big antlers to go with it.

Large 7 point was bedded in the shed, didn't stay around for a photo when he got woke up. The large bucks stay out until dark,,didn't get large being stupid. Let me show you how crazy they really are,,I can't for the life of me figure out their lack of fear,,never put anything in the hay rack. My brother putting some feed out,,there were a few 2 year old bucks in the group.

11-2-06-01.jpg

It doesen't take long for wild animales to get used to humans especialy when food is involved. I bow hunt a guys 5 acres just to keep the deer thined out and off his wifes flowers and at the begining of the season you can actualy call them in when you call in his goats!! kinda takes the sport out of it , like shooting sombodies dog but after a few get shot they get the drift.
He has actualy been charged buy bucks and does just for going out a yelling at them to get out of the flowers.

Wild animals getting that used to humans is a recipe for disaster down the road.
you and your Brother be carefull

cool pics. looks like a petting Zoo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

brings back a few memories.

in the winter of 83 we had deer in our front yards the snow was so bad. some large bucks did come around occasionally, but like your experience they never were in plain view much. had a few doe's and fawns bed down on the yard lights for warmth. also had a couple bed on the porch...just a foot or two off the front door. i was ten at the time and loved every minute of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif id sit up all night long....waiting for one of the large bucks to walk under the streetlights or through my yard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

longgunshooter, I remember that winter. I graduated from Woods Cross in 1982. In '83 I went to Dixie College in St. George. That was the right winter to be in southern Utah and away from the snow! The mud slides that spring were something I doubt any native Utahn will ever forget.

[ QUOTE ]
How can I get some long-range mulie hunting in when this is the view from the back porch

[/ QUOTE ]

You always have the absurd option of shooting them close! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That is great I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. They would come up on the back porch and look at my grandmother while she did the dishes. Wallowa OR.

Brian, great pic!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.