Moving with gunpowder

Goodbye, Republik of Ka. Hello FREEDOM!
Only someone who's lived under the tyranny of liberalism can understand the feeling of Freedom as the border of that State fades in the rearview mirror. I'm a trucker; I have been to Kalifonia hundreds of times. Every time I crossed the border on I-80 East about twelve miles west of Reno, NV or on US 395 North at Topaz, I felt a weight come off my shoulders. Trucks are limited to 55 mph in Kalifonia. I guess we're just not capable enough to drive the vehicle at 70 mph on the tyrannical side of the border as we are on the side where Freedom rings.

Only someone who's lived under the tyranny of liberalism can understand the feeling of Freedom as the border of that State fades in the rearview mirror. I'm a trucker; I have been to Kalifonia hundreds of times. Every time I crossed the border on I-80 East about twelve miles west of Reno, NV or on US 395 North at Topaz, I felt a weight come off my shoulders. Trucks are limited to 55 mph in Kalifonia. I guess we're just not capable enough to drive the vehicle at 70 mph on the tyrannical side of the border as we are on the side where Freedom rings.
I know the feeling brother. Their 55 mph towing trailers is bs also. Everything about Ca. is bs. Thank God I escaped .

If worried about keeping the powder cool, an ice chest with ice packs (not water ice) will work. We often freeze food that is going on hunting trips and throw it in the coolers to keep the non-frozen food fresh. Some frozen water bottles should work.

Thanks guys! I'm in the great state of Wyoming right now. Basking in the freedom. While reading through old threads here I realized that I'm about 15 miles from the Gunwerks folks. Awesome.

Used my old 24' box truck to haul about half of my garage/shop stuff to the new house a few days ago. Unloaded, somewhat rested up, and heading back to Ka tomorrow to load up the rest for round two. Man that drive sucks, but the end result will be worth it. Moving co still has most of our household stuff (aside from what I brought up on my first trip).

On topic content; all of my reloading gear and components (including powder) will be in my truck on the way back next weekend.

Thanks guys! I'm in the great state of Wyoming right now. Basking in the freedom. While reading through old threads here I realized that I'm about 15 miles from the Gunwerks folks. Awesome.

Used my old 24' box truck to haul about half of my garage/shop stuff to the new house a few days ago. Unloaded, somewhat rested up, and heading back to Ka tomorrow to load up the rest for round two. Man that drive sucks, but the end result will be worth it. Moving co still has most of our household stuff (aside from what I brought up on my first trip).

On topic content; all of my reloading gear and components (including powder) will be in my truck on the way back next weekend.
Welcome ! I got back here from Kalifukinia on the 6th. I'm 1 mile from GunWerks . They are hiring for their new building here. Assembly technician. I'm so glad my friend drove my truck with a trailer out here with me and I drove the moving van. Took our time . 2 days instead of driving 18 hrs. Straight thru live every year to here for last 22 yrs. And last 36 to Wy. Feels strange knowing I don't have to drive back... :) Welcome to the Redest Free state !

I love it when the good guys escape that place. I had to move to CA, and live there 3 times. Mostly against my will. A lot of good folks out there behind the lines, but even more loonies. It was always a giant relief to head east across that state line.

Welcome back to America!

I love it when the good guys escape that place. I had to move to CA, and live there 3 times. Mostly against my will. A lot of good folks out there behind the lines, but even more loonies. It was always a giant relief to head east across that state line.

Welcome back to America!
Some locals don't get it. The libs go to Jacksonhole . And the mushheads at UW in Laramie. Any 2nd amendment loving conservative should be welcomed in any state . I get crap from friends here but I remind them they weren't born here. Shut up.

I made the second trip with the box truck, then flew back to Ca to take my pickup, trailer, tractor, and remaining misc stuff to Wy on the LAST trip. Thank God that's done.

The second trip with the box truck was a bit of an ordeal. An injection pressure sensor failure put the rig in to derate/limp mode for the rest of the trip. **** I wish I'd gotten an older DT466 rather than a DT466E. Computers have no place on a diesel. At least the rig didn't derate until long after Donner pass.

The final run with my 1994 F250 (IDI 7.3l turbo) was a breeze in comparison. Felt strange to actually be done with the move (other than organizing and unboxing everything). Enjoying life here now. A few weeks ago, I bought TWO 1911's at Murdochs and walked out with them 15 minutes later. Man that was a strange feeling after dealing with Ca 15 and 10 day waiting periods, 'one handgun a month' rules, and the 'safe handgun act' pistol roster BS. Most everyone here has been welcoming.

Have gotten a few dirty looks as a result of not having changed out the vehicle license plates though. One ******* leaned on his horn, glared at us, and flipped us off as he blasted by us on the Powell Hwy. My WHOLE family was in the car at the time. Thankfully those plates will be off tomorrow. We're refugees................NOT colonists dammit.

I dispose of my powder's where nothing goes to waist. I locate a mole or goffer tunnel by probing the ground with a rod in order to find their tunnel, then after placing a small funnel I'll pour a good amount of powder down into it then a string of cannon fuse packing it gently on the surface and light. The smoke will permiate the tunnels and surface in other parts of yard leaving the buggers no where to hide..only on one occasion did I find a dead mole wearing a small gas mask. Didn't know they made them that small

I made the second trip with the box truck, then flew back to Ca to take my pickup, trailer, tractor, and remaining misc stuff to Wy on the LAST trip. Thank God that's done.

The second trip with the box truck was a bit of an ordeal. An injection pressure sensor failure put the rig in to derate/limp mode for the rest of the trip. *Rule 4 Violation* I wish I'd gotten an older DT466 rather than a DT466E. Computers have no place on a diesel. At least the rig didn't derate until long after Donner pass.

The final run with my 1994 F250 (IDI 7.3l turbo) was a breeze in comparison. Felt strange to actually be done with the move (other than organizing and unboxing everything). Enjoying life here now. A few weeks ago, I bought TWO 1911's at Murdochs and walked out with them 15 minutes later. Man that was a strange feeling after dealing with Ca 15 and 10 day waiting periods, 'one handgun a month' rules, and the 'safe handgun act' pistol roster BS. Most everyone here has been welcoming.

Have gotten a few dirty looks as a result of not having changed out the vehicle license plates though. One *Rule 4 Violation* leaned on his horn, glared at us, and flipped us off as he blasted by us on the Powell Hwy. My WHOLE family was in the car at the time. Thankfully those plates will be off tomorrow. We're refugees................NOT colonists dammit.
Welcome brother.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.