Movies Trying to Depict/Portray the Past Life Styles

When the show started my buddy said me and the wife needed to watch. 10 minutes into the first episode my wife said that was all she could handle. It doesn't bother me as much but they do get carried away.
Watch 1883 and the 1923 series. Not much cussing, but true violence.
I like most all Westerns (not the spaghetti), Jill did not like any Westerns. Once she started watching Yellowstone she got interested in it and then hooked, especially the revenge parts.
Now the 1923 series has life as a Rancher, trying to keep your land, and it has what most women want in movies ROMANCE!. Some good looking Cowboys in there and then scenes with Spencer in Africa would want any woman to go on Safari. Luckily Jill has me- US Marine, Ultra-Athlete, Hunter, very Handsom and took her to Africa on Safari where we harvested a bunch of animals and enjoyed a trip of a lifetime.

Watch 1883 and the 1923 series. Not much cussing, but true violence.
I like most all Westerns (not the spaghetti), Jill did not like any Westerns. Once she started watching Yellowstone she got interested in it and then hooked, especially the revenge parts.
Now the 1923 series has life as a Rancher, trying to keep your land, and it has what most women want in movies ROMANCE!. Some good looking Cowboys in there and then scenes with Spencer in Africa would want any woman to go on Safari. Luckily Jill has me- US Marine, Ultra-Athlete, Hunter, very Handsom and took her to Africa on Safari where we harvested a bunch of animals and enjoyed a trip of a lifetime.
Yes we both really liked 1883 and we're 2 episodes into 1923 and is pretty good.
I kind of wished 1883 had more episodes before ending.
And Len I think Unforgiven was better than Lonsome Dove. 😎

Yes we both really liked 1883 and we're 2 episodes into 1923 and is pretty good.
I kind of wished 1883 had more episodes before ending.
And Len I think Unforgiven was better than Lonsome Dove. 😎
Brother
Some also say "Open Range" was a good one.
"Unforgiven" was good because of Clint, but can't beat the Lonesome Dove with Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones, Diane Lane and 40 some other movie actors. Those Tex Rangers were like US Marines!
Semper Fi!

Hope that doesn't make me "soft".
You tell me. You're the one on the internet defending yourself to a stranger about your distain for "adult" language amongst adults.

Seems like a silly reason to avoid anything.

I don't need it to relate to me, or identify with my upbringing. Just need a compelling well written story.... been a long time with big gaps for me watching anything.

Tired of the new trend towards everything being some grey amorphous blood of brooding moral relativism. Want a good guy to win and bad guy to loose. If I wanted moral ambiguity where the good guy looses and all players are bad guys... I'll turn on the news and follow politics.

Thank goodness for red green, Beverly hillbillies, and open range. They take up my occasional forays into movie watching.

Yellowstone. The language can be a little rough. But I can get by it, I've heard worse and it hasn't hurt me. In reality it's how I talk and treat people that's important. We are fairly well hooked on the series. Seems like a lot of it's so true and they are a ranch that just want to be left alone. What worries me the most is that I think like them. Haven't got to watch the other 2 yet. But would bet they are pretty good.

Yellowstone. The language can be a little rough. But I can get by it, I've heard worse and it hasn't hurt me. In reality it's how I talk and treat people that's important. We are fairly well hooked on the series. Seems like a lot of it's so true and they are a ranch that just want to be left alone. What worries me the most is that I think like them. Haven't got to watch the other 2 yet. But would bet they are pretty good.
1883 and 1923 are better series.

There are so many movies/shows on TV today-literary thousands of any type you want to watch.
I personally like the Nature/History/Hunting/Firearms and then getting into Drama/Westerns probably like most of the LRH Members. I along with most of y'all grew up hunting/fishing/trapping/camping/living on a farm/ranch/taking care of crops/having a dog, cat, racoon, possum. Going out with your dad, mom, brothers, sisters shooting/camping. Great life GREAT Memories.
We started watching "Yellowstone" a few years ago and kind of got hoof on the lifestyle because could relate. Recently the past month we saw that there was some other "Ranching" shows "1883" and "1923" the pre shows for "Yellowstone".
Yellowstone probably has some truth, but 1923 is probably more realistic. What a time to live in trying to turn the land into Ranches for the cattle we all live off of today.
Both some of Jill and my families moved out to the mid-west a long time ago to try to survive in the USA. Heck Jill's family goes all the way back to the Revolution War. Our family's great great great grandparents, uncles, fathers, brothers fought in all the wars since then up to current.
Just looking at the series "1923" might be the most real of how things were here trying to build the USA.
Ranchers and Farmers now have the biggest challenge of fighting against the GOVERMENT with constant regulations and taxes. back in 1923 the Ranchers mainly had to worry about cattle thieves and land thieves. It is jut 100 times worse now with the Government and Enviromental groups (same as the gov)
What does anyone think of the series "1923"? We like it for entertainment.
Same thieves just renamed Government! When's the last time you agreed to pay tax that's stealing!