Movies Trying to Depict/Portray the Past Life Styles

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
There are so many movies/shows on TV today-literary thousands of any type you want to watch.
I personally like the Nature/History/Hunting/Firearms and then getting into Drama/Westerns probably like most of the LRH Members. I along with most of y'all grew up hunting/fishing/trapping/camping/living on a farm/ranch/taking care of crops/having a dog, cat, racoon, possum. Going out with your dad, mom, brothers, sisters shooting/camping. Great life GREAT Memories.
We started watching "Yellowstone" a few years ago and kind of got hoof on the lifestyle because could relate. Recently the past month we saw that there was some other "Ranching" shows "1883" and "1923" the pre shows for "Yellowstone".
Yellowstone probably has some truth, but 1923 is probably more realistic. What a time to live in trying to turn the land into Ranches for the cattle we all live off of today.
Both some of Jill and my families moved out to the mid-west a long time ago to try to survive in the USA. Heck Jill's family goes all the way back to the Revolution War. Our family's great great great grandparents, uncles, fathers, brothers fought in all the wars since then up to current.
Just looking at the series "1923" might be the most real of how things were here trying to build the USA.
Ranchers and Farmers now have the biggest challenge of fighting against the GOVERMENT with constant regulations and taxes. back in 1923 the Ranchers mainly had to worry about cattle thieves and land thieves. It is jut 100 times worse now with the Government and Enviromental groups (same as the gov)
What does anyone think of the series "1923"? We like it for entertainment.

1923, Harrison Ford, an 80-year-old tough guy. Helen Mirren shoots some guy with a shotgun on the ground; then she lets out a scream. So far, I need help getting it to work for me. But I see your point.

1923, Harrison Ford, an 80-year-old tough guy. Helen Mirren shoots some guy with a shotgun on the ground; then she lets out a scream. So far, I need help getting it to work for me. But I see your point.
The series 1883 is the beginning then the next series is 1923. 1883 has (10) Episodes.
1923 has (4) Episodes so far so need to watch them all.
The Best Western of all times was "Lonesome Dove"!

Love them all, but have to say, love the African scenes the most. Although it is nice to recognize scenery in Montana that we know well. Taylor Sheridan owns two ranches (with investors, the 4 6s among them) so gets the cowboy stuff right.

And he's not going to go woke.

Going into it knowing Hollywood is Hollywood and entertainment is entertainment, I like the Yellowstone series and spin offs.

1923 is good so far. It expecting it to be satisfying seeing Spencer come home and get his war on.

idk what the language is that people don't like. If it's swearing, you wouldn't make it in the real world.