Mountain bikes/ electronic bikes

TheFishBox

Does anyone have any recommendations on either a good e-bike or mountain bike for hunting? I see that both options can very by thousands of dollars but wanted to see what you guys are running.

I was looking into those myself but they are very pricey and I guess I have expensive taste there are several cheaper but I wanted a quiet cat with the trailer as well

Last edited:
I hear you on the expensive part, that's why I want to see what guys have before spending a large chunk of change on something that won't be great.

Wow they just keep going up top of the line when I was looking at them last year was about 4500 now they're up to over six grand you can get an electric motor kit for a mountain bike that you already own complete with brakes controller battery everything for about 750

you want the mid mount engine the hub drives are not powerful enough and they are slightly noisy

What specs are the important ones to look for? I know in some electric stuff they put inflated numbers to make things seem more powerful, like with air compressors saying they have a five horsepower motor but they have to spin super high rpms and can run off an extension cord not three phase like they should be.
Do the electric bikes pull these same shenanigans?

750 watts you don't really need 1000 but it's extra power and Panasonic makes the best battery packs

Shimano mid drive, Rockshox suspension forks
/thread
Shimano is the worlds largest bike parts manufacturing company
Rockshox is the top in bike suspension

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.