Electronic Hearing Protection

flintstone

Hello, All!

I am trying to decide on some electronic hearing protection. I would like to go with muffs rather than in the ear designs. I want to be able to hunt with them so some sound amplification is welcome. Could you guys give me some recommendations? I would really appreciate it!

Flintstone

What kind of hunting are all of you doing. I wear my peltors and walkers waterfowl hunting from a blind. I have tried them hiking and hunting on foot for big game and absolute cluster of noise with no real orientation where or distance away.
Upland bird is the absolute worst as it's impossible for me to hear the bird leaving or even the direction it's leaving. By the time I see it it's full speed and so much harder to hit. Some they are 20 yards away before I can find them let alone get a shot. I hunt all natural wild birds quail dove chukar pheasant with dang good pointers shorthair and pudlepointer.
Work ruined my ears and more shooting hunting some things is doing them no favors.

I've had a couple of pairs of the Razors for several years. I bought a pair of the Howard Leights on a whim. IMO, their sound quality is considerably better. They quickly found a home in my hunting pack.

I've had two Howard Leights fail over time and now only use them for cheapie spares for guests at the range. Ive moved to Sordins for myself and have been happier.

Recent Posts