Mossberg 4x4 rifle accuracy????

scope is a bdc 2x12x50 nikon and the bipod is a caldwell . I like the lower power of the scope for field of view and quick targeting and the bdc for turret free shots out to 600 yards.

actually The 4x4 is great! had a 1/2 group at 200 yds. I love this 308 just wish i could get a longer mag and a different stoc for it

I bought one of these in marinecoat and in 30-06 with synth stock. Mounted a scope and started to sight it in. By the time I got halfway through a box of ammo I was near tears. My buddy who also shoots everything under the sun shoot it twice and handed it back to me.....saying no thanks. I got it fairly close to zeroed but couldn't finish the box of ammo. This gun was a bear to shoot, kicked like a mule. I have a TCR in 300 win mag that kicks less than this and would rather shoot a 3" slug in the TCR than shoot this. After much trying I got Mossberg to sell me the Laminated stock for this rifle which will add some weight. They really didn't want to sell me the stock for whatever reason, I had to beg. It is a nice looking rifle and feels good but I still have not shot it with the new stock. I wish I had bought it in 308.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.