More PA insanity....

PA bear that old probably was coming that close thinking it was going to get some potato chips or something. Nice to see the fish and game recovering up there.

Everything seems to be benefitting from great habitat these days..a few pics of black bears in the 700lb plus range, steelhead in Elk Creek View attachment 402944View attachment 402945and a few new elk photos in all the autumn colors, enjoy....View attachment 402946View attachment 402947View attachment 402949View attachment 402950View attachment 402952
Congrats on an awesome bear. I've hunted Md Wva Pa all my life & never seen any black bear even close to that big in that area. I only hear about bear that big in parts of NC. I miss the trout & smallmouth & walleye fishing since I moved south too. Small deer & small black bear here.

Entered the lottery the very first year and after an abnormal number of Senior PA Officials walked away with tags, I'll never waste my money again.
Great news, one less guy ups my odds...by the way spike your delusion is beyond astonishing....haven't we all had enough of FALSE FAKE CONSPIRACIES LATELY and the damage they cause....

My son, the one holding the turkey to the left, shot a 532 lb black bear at 6yds with a 454 Casual revolver on the ground. Hunting in NC about 10 years ago with dogs, the dogs bayed this mean ole bear on the ground, he killed one dog, mauled several more, and lots of staples were put in after the hunt. Anyway, a dog tried to jump over my son who was on his hands and knees with his buddy who grabbed the dog and that got the bear's attention who was sitting on his rear end, the bear looked at my son, and he nailed the bear right in the forehead, lights out for the bear.

Attachments

• Christopher's Bear.jpg
    Christopher's Bear.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 105
Side story to that hunt, if the old man, me, wasn't so beat up, bad knees, I was offered to shoot the bear, but once he changed direction and headed away from us the young studs took off and cut him off. It was nice of our host to let my son shoot the bear.