Montana rifle 300 rum

EL CASADOR

:)HELLO Everyone out there,im new to your forum and would like some advice on finding a load recipe for my rifle.Its a Montana mod 1999 alpine custom rifle in 300rum.26inch barrel plus 2in muzzle break 1-10twist,talley rings,nightforce NXS 5.5x22x56. Im new to reloading,my friend will be reloading for me,i have new nosler custom brass,fed 215m primers,retumbo powder,redding dies,i want to use burger 210-215vld.i want to set up this rifle for elk hunts here in AZ,and want to learn to shoot out to 1000yrds,thanks.

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

There are lots of good members here that are always willing and able to help. However, there's no better time than now to introduce you to one of the best built in tool in this site yet very under utilized. Try your queries using the custom search located on the top right hand corner.

Good luck and again, welcome. Happy safe reloading, shooting, and hunting. cheers!

The combination you have laid out will be awesome on elk. The 210 or 215 bergers are great bullets and will do the job you want. If you intend to shoot beyond 1200 yards, give serious consideration to the 230berger. (the velocity of the 210 or 215 overcome their lesser BC to the 230 but when the distances get long, the BC of the 230 takes over)

Feenix suggestion to use the search function is a good one. I have found good load data here: 308_15

As an FYI, my 300rum liked 91grains of Retumbo shooting the 208Amax.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/my-300rum-mcr-70809/

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.