300 rum

War Dogg

Hello folks,
I just joined this site. I'm from Oklahoma, I'm a 14 yr veteran with our local police department. I love shooting, any type of shooting appeals to me. I have been a member of our SWAT team for a out ten years and I hold the rank of lieutenant. This past year, I have taken an interest in long range hunting in my wife's home state of Wyoming. So, now starts the education.

So here's the deal, I'm building a 300 rum. This rifle will have a bel and Carlson stock, 28 inch Kruger barrel, holland muzzle break and a Remington action. I have a night force 20 moa rail and Burris extreme rings for a Huskemaw 5x20x50mm.
Bullets are hard to get, but I have a box of Sierra 190 MK, a sample pack of 12 Berger 190 Berger VLD hunting and a sample pack of 210 Berger VLD hunting .
A managed to scarf up some Federal 215 match mag primers and 50 pieces of Nosler. Brass. I was also able to get 2lbs of Retumbo powder.
I just about have the barrel complete, have the crown left and thread and index muzzle break. Then I just have to finish the stock and put it all back together.
I'm asking for advice for the stuff I have on hand, and feed back on the 300 RUM. This round is appealing to me, however my buddy was not happy with my decision to build it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.