Montana cow tag filled

laker

Got out this week and found a cow to tag. Popped over a ridge and the herd of cows was 287 yards away. Hit this cow behind the shoulder and she spun and started running quartering away so I hit her again behind the shoulder with a 280 Ackley shooting 168 nosler lrab. Hoping to find the wife a cow first week of November and then find me a bull over thanksgiving
70C01E7A-A548-4691-8EE2-7953D1D1CAF1.jpeg

Excellent! Lots of good steaks & roasts right there. Good shooting!

You're going for two more? A cow for your wife and a bull as well? That's a LOT of elk! :) Enjoy.

Excellent! Lots of good steaks & roasts right there. Good shooting!

You're going for two more? A cow for your wife and a bull as well? That's a LOT of elk! :) Enjoy.

We go through an elk a year easily. Last year I ended up only getting a calf so the freezer is looking pretty bare. Hoping to get two elk in the freezer this year in case I don't get lucky next year

Great job congrats on your elk ! Will be up to help my folks get an elk next week .

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.