Modl 70 bolt in FN SPR

86alaskan

I've got a FN SPR in 308win. Great rifle. I'd like to make it into a switch barrel with a nice LR capable round. I've got a line on a ss modl 70 sa bolt with a wsm bolt face. I know I'll need to do some other things with the magazine to make it work. Main question is, are the mod 70 bolts the same as the FN bolts? I know the action is the same, just making sure that I'm not wasting money with a different bolt.

I've got a FN SPR in 308win. Great rifle. I'd like to make it into a switch barrel with a nice LR capable round. I've got a line on a ss modl 70 sa bolt with a wsm bolt face. I know I'll need to do some other things with the magazine to make it work. Main question is, are the mod 70 bolts the same as the FN bolts? I know the action is the same, just making sure that I'm not wasting money with a different bolt.
That sounds like a great start to a Sherman Short build. Do you know what coal the mag will accept?

Another issue I'm trying to really sort out. I really need to be around 2.950 for optimal case use in the SA. Other wise, I'll build another tikka, which is the perfect size for a long SA round

Another issue I'm trying to really sort out. I really need to be around 2.950 for optimal case use in the SA. Other wise, I'll build another tikka, which is the perfect size for a long SA round
The sst or even the ss ss we fit that length with most bullets. Ill have some 156's soon to try in my sst. I think they will be around 2.920" to the lands and run easily at 3050'

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.