Winchester 70 & FN SPR owners... PT&G's new DBM

Niles Coyote

Have a Winchester 70 or a FN SPR and want a no mod DBM with the quality of AI, or how about getting closer to the lands than what the factory mag will allow...

ptgdbm002.jpg

ptgdbm003.jpg

ptgdbm004.jpg

PTG's new win70/FN SPR DBM :D
https://shop.pacifictoolandgauge.co...ucts_id=1401&zenid=7kihkv4psf6cp244ion1dkcit7

It dropped right into my floor plate inlet. I may have to remove a little bedding (user applied) from the previous hinged floorplate to get it to feed 100% as it looks like the rim of the cartridges in the mag need to come up a little to fully engage the bolt face every time. That should be an easy fix and I bet had I not bedded the previous floor plate it would be good to go.

The short throat in this rifle (Winchester stealth 308 placed in a FN SPR a1 take off stock) coupled with the OAL the magazine will accept (2.9+ uses AI AE mk1 mags) will make running long nosed VLD's into or just off the lands (shooter's choice) a piece of cake.

I may just take this rifle to Montana this year and leave the 260 at home... teamed up with JLK's 180gr LB-VLD (got to love it's .580g1) it would be bad medicine on Mule Deer and Coyote.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.