FN SPR CS Warning

rustyshackleford

So two years ago I finally got into the market again for a real precision rifle. I was torn between an FN SPR and a Tikka Tac A1. The FN was available for around 1800$ and the Tikka was around 1300$ from Eurooptic. Well I found an A5M that was factory refurbished for 1450$. I called FN to verify it was under warranty and I was told it was. First few outings I shot some very good groups but the more I shot it the more I noticed it wasn't all that consistent. Now it won't group anything I've tried under an inch for 5 shots.

I finally got fed up and sent it back to FN. They had it for about a week and I never heard anything but I got a notification that it had shipped back.
F3464036-2CDE-4793-8470-35F8161151B0.jpeg

The sent me this little gem and basically I'm supposed to be satisfied. I called back and pushed a little and come to find out it has a warranty but it's not actually supported. The entire time I've had this gun I haven't shot more than 500 rounds through it and they're telling me the barrel is as accurate as can be expected with the amount of wear present. We're talking about a 308.

Long story short refurbished from FN means not totally ragged out and "warrantied" doesn't actually mean supported by FN.

The groups below are two 5 shot groups and one 10 shot group with fire formed Peterson brass and a 185 Berger juggernaut over 43.5 gr of RL-15 at 2.860 COAL

26D815DC-F41D-4B19-BBBC-7C8846DCB787.jpeg 700E0F32-87B7-432D-BAB3-AC127B5D10FE.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts