Model 70

eyeballjr

I have an old Winchester Model 70 (not Pre 64) in a .243. I was looking to re-barrel it for a 6.5 Creedmoor. My real question is has anyone used Hart's re-barreling service Hart Rifle Barrels Looks like i would need a 1-8 twist to stabilize the 140gr bullets. Doesn't seem like a bad price for getting all the stuff they do done.

Thanks for your time

i have a hart barrel and would use them to do the work if i did not have someone in az.

I have not used their service but have shot their barrels with excellent results. A buddy had his rifle worked over by Hart and was extremely pleased with the results. He credited them with very high skill and workmanship.

eyeballjr,
for what its worth; Iron Brigade Armory aka: Norm Chandler rifles, has used Hart barrels for quite sometime... I'm not sure, but I think they do most the barrel and action fitting for IBA at Hart now... Anyway, I've had a couple of Hart's barrels, which shoot fine, but I've never had any work done by them. I have a former Marine Sniper buddy I hunt & shoot with'…., that has one of the early IBA rifles with a Hart barrel, in 7X61 S&H….. at 1k it's amazing.
Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.