Mirage shooting tricks

It also works if the magnification is increased to the point that the mirage will also disappear.

Joseph,

You are bogglin' my noggin! :)

The quoted statement appears exactly backwards to me.

I'm going well beyond my knowledge with this next statement. Which is quite easy for me to do.:rolleyes:

If mirage is the bending of light through different media (air) densities, how can a lens on the rear of the scope remove that effect?

Or if I had that lens on a cross bow scope I would then not have to compensate for the light bending from air to water to hit the carp?

I'm pretty much where SBruce and his competitive friend are. I can read mirage pretty well but seem to compensate exactly the wrong way at times.:rolleyes:

royinidaho,

Read "closely" what is claimed in his ad. It seems to work as advertised with the one I have.

BulzEyePro All-Competition Optical Boosters with Universal Housing

joseph

PS: As for reading the wind by watching the mirage I use a spotting scope or other lens and aim accordingly without the target bouncing around.
My 1,000 yd. target proved it to me because that was the first time I shot at more then 400 yds. with "any" scope. I could see the mirage with my spotting scope, but not through my 6-24 power Voretx PST FFP at 24 power. It made it very easy to hold on the bullseye after dialing for the wind which kept changing over about 2 hours that we shot the competition.

I have looked through a March at 80x and could hardly see any bouncing of the target compared it to my PST (along side) without the filter my scope was bouncing from the mirage.

That amazes me! I'm glad there is someone here who has actually used one and I hope some others will join in. When I don't understand how something works (often):D, it makes me skeptical, so I'm trying to understand the science behind this.......Rich

Joseph,

You're swaying me.:)

Just because I can't get my mind around it doesn't mean it doesn't work.

I'll start a stash with one of those in mind.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.