Minnesota

they sent me the flyer for the f class monday night shoots. I am pretty stoked. I will be there for sure.

What is the wind clinic? Is that open to non-members too? I have got to get a membership there. I have been a member at oakdale forever but they max out at 220 yards

hopefully I will see you there. My real name is Keith

wind clinic is a 2 day event. First day in the morning is classroom time, just going over the basics of wind reading and shooting equipment. In the afternoon, it's live fire practice with coaching, practicing the skills taught and learning to read the wind. Day 2 is a competition day, usually 4x20 if I remember correctly. I'll probably be there just day 1 so I'm not leaving my wife with the baby over night

anyone have any information about upcoming f class at elk river? I know they have had a league in the past....

I am the F-class league director at ERSC. We shoot every Monday night at 600 yards once the weather gets reasonable. It is open to non club members as well as members.

The goal of our informal league is to introduce shooters to F-class, the fastest growing long distance shooting sport. We have a lot of fun, and it's a great way to work on your marksmanship and reloading skills.

We have a mandatory (for new shooters) orientation mtg on March 30, 7pm at our clubhouse. I whole heatedly hope you can join us.

Send me a pm with your email address and I'll send you the flyer with more info.

We will also be hosting a wind clinic and match to be held after the orientation but before the league starts in earnest. We're still working on the details. Stay tuned.

-nosualc

This may have been covered already, but I didn't find it skimming this sub-forum:

Does anyone know of a reasonably long rifle range (400-600 yards) reachable from the south metro?
I know of the Gopher GRRC range and Elk River, but I simply can't do that on a weeknight, and it is a significant commitment on a weekend - I'm coming from the Lakeville area.

My buddy and I have also kicked around the idea of finding a farmer that would grant a "shooting lease" on a long field road. Basically we'd pay for the ability to shoot undisturbed at our leisure, without damaging crops or anything. I have not yet figured out where to post such a request; while hunting leases are common this is an unusual request.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

This may have been covered already, but I didn't find it skimming this sub-forum:

Does anyone know of a reasonably long rifle range (400-600 yards) reachable from the south metro?
I know of the Gopher GRRC range and Elk River, but I simply can't do that on a weeknight, and it is a significant commitment on a weekend - I'm coming from the Lakeville area.

My buddy and I have also kicked around the idea of finding a farmer that would grant a "shooting lease" on a long field road. Basically we'd pay for the ability to shoot undisturbed at our leisure, without damaging crops or anything. I have not yet figured out where to post such a request; while hunting leases are common this is an unusual request.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

For organized shooting at longer range in the south metro your only choice would be the North Star Rifle Club in Red Wing.

* * North Star Rifle Club - Home

-nosualc

I just checked out their qualifications for membership. I shoot and reload actively, but have not competed. Do you have any insight as to the likelihood of gaining membership?

I just checked out their qualifications for membership. I shoot and reload actively, but have not competed. Do you have any insight as to the likelihood of gaining membership?

I am not a member down there, so I really don't have any insider info. They do focus on competitive shooting, but I don't know if that is an absolute requirement. As far as I know they do not have a league or other program for bringing new shooters into competition. Kind of a chicken and egg problem for guys like yourself.

I do know more than few of their members. They're good guys and will likely welcome new serious shooters, but I just don't know how they do it. I think your best bet is to send them an email and ask the best way forward.

-nosualc

Hope it gets passed, I've really wanted to do a SBR build, but didn't want the noise they make.....a supressor would take care of that....but the $400 total on tax stamps would hurt

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.