Minnesota - long range, ranges

scottyboy

Anyone know of a range in Minnesota that goes out past 500yds? I've heard/read caribou gun club down south off 169 by le sueur has 500 but I haven't been down there yet.

Not looking for a membership only place, but if I have to pay 50 bucks or whatever it is to play on a range I will. Thanks

I get up that way for work, if there is no waiting list..I will look at getting signed up. Was just in bemidji the other weekend looking at land, wish I would have asked sooner :). Thanks for the tip

great, i should have been more specific when i noted "not looking for membership" i was implying that i did not want to get put on a waiting list for X years before getting a membership, but a pay 50 and your in works for me! thank you Stealth!

I wish that range was closer! I am looking for the same thing you are. I am not sure I am going to wait months to spend hundreds on a range I will only use 1 a month or so. I would like to be able to stretch my 300 win mags legs a bit without it costing a lot.

i know Caribou Gun Club is a bit of a stretch from Blaine, but i believe they charge $20 for a day and then $5 for every 'extra' gun you bring.

i might check them out this year yet to see how the range is, its only 1hr or so drive for me

I used to be a member down there. I never shot the range but I did a bit of bird hunting and sporting clays shooting. I think Forest Lake Sportsmens Club by me goes to 400 but there is waiting to get in and I am not sure what the annual fee is.

Plummer, MN has a wonderful range. set up for 600 yard shots. can drive to the 200,300,400,500,600 yard targets.

Great set-up. PM me if you want more info.

$30 membership a year gets you in.

I have never been to the Plummer range, but it is only 30 miles away from me. Should try it out some day.

i made the trip to the Plummer range a week or so back, and i am already waiting for the chance to go back. from my house, its about 5.5-6 hours, but well worth it! i drove past what looked like the turn off for your town on 59, i would highly recommend you check it out. (even though its only another 100 yards than what you got :rolleyes: :))

edit; sorry 50 yards, for some reason i thought it went to 500. either way, might be fun to stretch our your suppressed items another 50, right? :)

I am actually taking off to texas in a couple of weeks for work. And we scheduled a hog hunt, and my brother and I are both taking our suppressed AR's with us. Mine will be a dpms ar10 in .308 with a Yankee Hill Titanium .30 can, and his a model1 6.8 spc. With an Omega (I think).

There is a range outside of Harris MN that offers a long range practice session every Thursday night, I think shooting starts at 5:00 at 1,000 yards. The practice sessions are open to both member and non-members for a nominal fee. It takes me about 25 minutes to get to the gun range from Blaine.

See grrc.org for more information.

really? interesting. i thought Gopher was a pretty strict about being members only type thing. i'm going to check them out for sure!!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.