Wisconsin Long Range Shooting

Len,

How much western hunting do you do? I wouldn't mind talking to Wisconsin guys that travel out west. I'm familiar with NV, Utah and South Dakota mostly mule deer but I want to do some Elk hunting. Lots of points but no tags.
Bret

That is a lot. I didn't pull any tags this year. I might do a January archery muley hunt in AZ during the rut just to hunt. Not sure the amount of deer in the desert tho. If I don't get a elk tag next year I plan to do a OTC rifle Colorado hunt.

Anyone from Wisconsin or vicinity interested in carpooling out west to practice long range on BLM land or to hunt, I live near Milwaukee. PM me. Maybe we can arrange something. Best way to do it is to use your NRA discount and rent a car from Hertz if you don't want to drive your own car or truck. Split the cost and share the driving.

I picked up the maps for Meeker and Douglas Pass as both are considered pretty good areas for public land Mule Deer hunts. That's kind of where I'd be interested in scouting and practicing.

Looking also including 600 yards racine 1200 Lodi expensive 1600 niceshotshootingrange.com 3.5 south Milwaukee
50bmg range. Bristol make you shoot down a Tube major back blast. Think about trying ShioctonShootingRange

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.